Public Duck and Goose Hunting Area Permit First Lottery Begins August 16!
Zoeller State Natural Area
Site Contact Info
- Huntable acres: 160
- Habitat: This site contains old field grass/shrub areas, forested land, native grass patches and cropland. The native grasses are being planted as budgets allow. Much of the site topography is rolling to steep hills accentuated with sink hole areas.
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Site requires use of windshield card, displayed on vehicle dashboard, to report hunting effort and harvest by 15 February.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- Hunters may leave stands unattended from September 15 – January 31. Stands must be legibly marked with owner’s name, address and telephone number.
- Species-specific rules:
- Site specific permit issued via a site drawing.
- Applications are available here or at the site office
- Fall Archery
- open only to successful archery deer applicants
- Site specific permit issued from the Springfield permit office
- No waterfowl hunting offered
- No squirrel/rabbit hunting offered
- No upland bird hunting offered
- No furbearer hunting/trapping offered