Spring turkey 1st lottery open
William W. Powers State Recreation Area
Site Contact Information
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- This site require hunters to check in and to check out and to report hunting effort or harvest by 1 p.m. following their hunts.
- Blind specifications given out during annual duck blind drawing (late July). See all general Waterfowl Regulations here.
- Species-specific rules:
- Deer hunting not permitted.
- Turkey hunting not permitted.
2020 Waterfowl Hunting Procedures:
- Waterfowl hunters planning on hunting the site in 2020 are encouraged to call the site prior to hunting if they have any questions on specific registering procedures.
- The site will maintain a check-in site at the 130th Ave. entrance (South Gate, Ranger Station), starting at 5am.
- REMAIN WITHIN YOUR VEHICLE, Site Technicians will assist in first-come, first-serve fashion.
- MASKS MANDATORY when dealing with DNR representatives.
- Those hunters who own blinds must continue to check-in (within their vehicles) at the check-in site listed above at least one hour prior to shooting time each day. A lane/cone will be indicated for Blind Builders at entrance.
- Those who do not own blinds will be allowed to check into an available blind after all blind builders have checked-in with the Site Technicians checking-in on first-come, first-served basis (NO LOTTERY). Please pull to the “Standby” lane/cone indicated at the entrance.
- All hunters must remain in their vehicles and wear a mask while checking in with the DNR representative to prevent the spread of the Covid 19 virus.
- Legal hunting limited to Wednesday through Sunday from half hour prior to sunrise through 1pm.
- Hunters must deposit harvest cards into the “Harvest Cards” box below the mailbox located at the Visitor’s Center near Smokey the Bear, EVEN IF no waterfowl were harvested, by 2pm.
- The site is closed to waterfowl hunting on Mondays & Tuesdays.
- All hunters must sign-in and acquire a daily harvest report card prior to hunting and sign out by returning their issued harvest card at the end of each day’s hunt.
- Registered blind builders or partners desiring to claim their blind site must report to the check station at least one hour before legal opening time each day and occupy their blind within 30 minutes prior to legal opening time.
- Sites left unclaimed on any given day will be assigned (by on-site drawing) to present remaining hunters for that day. Blind sites not legally occupied by hunters by 30 minutes prior to legal opening time may be claimed on a first-come basis by checking in.
- Hunters wishing to move to another blind during their daily hunt must report back to the check station for reassignment.
- No person shall hunt, or attempt to hunt, waterfowl and coots, except from within a registered blind site.
- Goose hunting is prohibited prior to duck season.
- Youth hunts authorized by US Fish and Wildlife Service are permitted.
- Rabbit/Squirrel hunting not permitted.
- Upland bird hunting not permitted.
- Furbearer hunting and trapping not permitted.
- Boat ramp
- More information