Spring turkey 1st lottery open
White Pines State Park
Site Contact Info
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Site requires use of windshield card, displayed on vehicle dashboard, to report hunting effort and harvest by 15 February.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- It is unlawful to hunt in any “restricted area” or any area not designated as open to hunting.
- It is unlawful for any person to park except at a designated parking area or for unauthorized vehicles to enter upon any trail or be in any “off road” area.
- It is unlawful to enter onto private property, for any reason, without first obtaining permission from the landowner.
- Species-specific rules:
- Allowed on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday only (excluding official state holidays) in Oct. Beginning Nov 1, archery hunting allowed 7 days a week.
- Closed during the site’s special firearm deer season which takes place on the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday prior to the 1st statewide firearm deer season and the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday prior to the 2nd statewide firearm deer season.
- Hunters are required to sign-in, sign-out, and report harvested deer on the sign-in/sign-out sheets. Hunters must report harvests as outlined in the statewide regulations for reporting deer harvested during seasons.
- No more than 10 hunters may hunt in the area at any one time. Hunters should check the sign-up sheet. If 10 persons have previously signed in, the 11th person may not hunt (first come -first served basis).
- Archery hunting is permitted during the statewide firearm deer seasons; however, archers must comply with the same blaze orange requirements as firearm deer hunters.
- Archery hunters must not hunt within 50 yards of a day use area or within 30 yards of any trail.
- Hunters may encounter hikers or picnickers; please be considerate.
- All archery deer hunters must have a hunting license, habitat stamp, and archery permit.
- Special firearm deer hunting seasons take place on the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday prior to the 1st statewide firearm deer season and on the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday prior to the 2nd statewide firearm deer season.
- Requires a permit issued specifically for White Pines, for the season the hunter is hunting.
- Hunters may apply by selecting White Pines SP as their choice of hunting area on their firearm permit application which is submitted to the Springfield permit office.
- The firearm deer hunters must have a valid FOID card, hunting license, and habitat stamp as well as the site-specific permit, unless they are exempt.
- White Pines SP firearm permit holders must check-in by 5am. Registration is at the White Pines SP office and begins at 4:30 am.
- Vacancies remaining after 5 am will be filled by a drawing to allocate stand-by permits, which are valid for the day of issuance only, are site-specific for White Pines, are either sex, and are $5.00 each.
- Hunting is allowed with any type of equipment that is legal for statewide deer hunting during the specific season the hunter is hunting.
- All deer harvested must be checked at the site office on the day of harvest prior to leaving the site.
- No county deer check stations will be open during the site’s special firearm deer seasons; however, the site will collect harvest information and tag each deer.
Special CWD Season
- Must have site-specific permit. White Pines SP’s CWD season deer permits may be applied for online and are valid as issued by Springfield. Permits will be allocated via lottery drawing. Stand-by CWD permits will not be issued.
- CWD hunters are required to register themselves at the hunter sign-in kiosk near the park office for available parking lots.
- One non-piercing, portable tree stand is allowed per permit holder. Stands must be removed from the site at the end of the day’s hunt.
- Hunters must not field dress or deposit any part(s) of a deer, within 100 feet of any trail or developed area on the site.
- Turkey hunting not permitted
- Waterfowl hunting not permitted
- Squirrel hunting not permitted
- Rabbit hunting not permitted
- Upland bird hunting not permitted
- Furbearer trapping not permitted
- Furbearer hunting not permitted
- Campground, cabins, and lodge
- Access to streams
- Hiking trails
- More information