Applications for 2021 Firearm and Muzzleloader Deer Permit Lotteries are open!
Snakeden Hollow SFWA
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Conservation Order Light Goose Hunting is not permitted for the remainder of the 2020-2021 Waterfowl Hunting Season. Please direct any questions regarding this to the site office.
Site Contact Info
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- All hunters (except for archery deer, snipe, and rail hunters) must report to the check station to complete information cards. If the check station is not manned, hunters must register on a sheet in the box provided.
- Archery deer hunters and snipe and rail hunters must have a windshield card.
- The site closes to all use except permit hunting starting two weeks before and continuing through the close of the Central IL Goose season.
- An updated message is recorded daily during goose season.
- Hunters under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Species-specific rules:
- Site requires use of windshield card, displayed on vehicle dashboard, to report hunting effort and harvest by 15 February.
- Hunting deer with bow and arrow allowed from the statewide opening until the day preceding the opening of Central Zone Goose Season.
- Tree stands and ground blinds may be left unattended from Sept 15 -Jan 31. Any tree stand or ground blind left unattended must be legibly marked with the owner’s name, address, and telephone number, or site assigned identification number. Tree stands must be removed from site no later than the last day of archery hunting.
- Open to archery deer hunting without regard to firearm deer season.
- Firearm deer hunting not permitted
- Turkey hunting not permitted
2020 Waterfowl Hunting Procedures:
- Hunters must stay in their vehicle and line up by hunt position.
- Staff will come to each car and ask what blind they have. The hunt position will be used to determine who gets the first pick.
- Hunters will sign-in, be given a map, then are required to leave the area and head to their hunt location.
- Hunters must sign out at the check station outside each day they hunt.
- Statewide regulations apply.
- Goose, duck, and coot permits required and will be available starting August 16 through Springfield lottery drawing.
- Goose hunters must attend registration.
- On opening day through Nov 30, must register by 5 am.
- From Dec 1 – 31, must register by 5:30 am.
- From Jan 1 through season’s end, must register by 6 am.
- Permits are void after the draw begins. No one may register after time.
- Unfilled blinds may be filled until shooting time. There will be no refills.
- Hunters will choose their blinds as their name is drawn.
- Hunters must be at least 16 years old to draw for a blind.
- All hunters must present a hunting license, or equivalent, at draw-time.
- $15 Daily Usage Stamp must be purchased by anyone who is 16 or older.
- One blind (G2) will be available daily by priority claim to disabled persons with an Illinois I.D. card showing a P2, P2a, H2, or H2a disability.
- Goose hunting will be from designated blind sites.
- All pits are accessed by foot. Pits are brushed with camo cloth and most pits are located in fields on the perimeter of the site. Several have water nearby, with 3 shooting over water. No motorized vehicles beyond the parking lots. Blind trails are marked with arrows and reflectors. Hunters should bring at least a flashlight and suitable footgear for finding blinds in the dark in muddy fields. Hunters can and should bring their own decoys. At blinds A-4, B-2, C-1, and D-1, chest waders and/or a retrieving dog are recommended.
- Hunters must occupy sites within 1 hour after registering at the check station.
- Only 2 hunters are allowed per blind.
- Hunting parties must hunt over a minimum of 6 decoys (standard size).
- Hunters may not possess more than 5 shotshells for every Canada goose allowed in the daily bag limit.
- During goose seasons held after the Canada goose season all restrictions regarding the use of the number of shotgun shells that hunters can possess are no longer in force.
- Hunting will cease at 1 pm.
- Upon vacating the blind sites, hunters must report to the station within 1 hour.
- Central Zone Goose Season hunting is closed on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and on Dec 24, 25, and 26.
- No early Canada goose season or any season that occurs before the Central Zone Canada goose season is allowed at this site.
Conservation Order Light Geese
- Light geese (snow geese, etc.) may be hunted after central zone Canada goose season.
- Statewide season and hours.
- Hunters must hunt from blinds only. Hunters must sign-in and sign-out.
- Teal hunting follows statewide regulations for season and hours.
- Teal hunting is not restricted to designated blind sites.
- Hunters must sign in and sign out.
- Squirrel hunting not permitted
- Hunting opens the day after the close of the Central Illinois Zone goose season
- Hunters must sign-in and sign-out.
- Non-toxic shot required
- Permit Required Hunting
- September 1-5: A drawing will be held daily at 11 am at the site office if there are more hunters than can be accommodated. Stand-by drawings may be held. Dove hunters must hunt from designated staked areas from 12 pm – 5 pm.
- Non-Permit Hunting
- Sept 6 – 30: dove hunters may hunt from sunrise to sunset. Dove hunters must sign-in and sign-out.
- Non-toxic shot only all season.
- Permit Required Hunting
Woodcock, Snipe and Rail
- Woodcock, Snipe and Rail hunting follow statewide regulations for hours and opening date but closes at the site on Sept 30.
- Windshield card required, displayed on vehicle dashboard, to report hunting effort and harvest by 15 February.
- Furbearer trapping permits are allotted annually by site drawing on the opening day of goose season at 10 am.
- Statewide regulations apply.
- Trapping is allowed starting the day after the end of the Central Zone Duck Season to statewide ending.
- Furbearer hunting not permitted
- Water body access
- Hiking trails
- More information