Applications for 2021 Firearm and Muzzleloader Deer Permit Lotteries are open!
Sinnissippi Lake State Fish and Wildlife Area
Site Contact Info
- Office phone: (815) 454-2328
- Office address: c/o Hennepin Canal Parkway, 16006 875 E St, Sheffield, IL 61361
- Site coordinates: 41.781 -89.6353
- County: Whiteside
- Site Superintendent (search “Hennepin Canal” to find Site Superintendent information for this site)
- District Wildlife Biologist
- Conservation Police
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- Species-specific rules:
- Deer hunting is not permitted.
- Turkey hunting is not permitted.
- Statewide seasons, bag limits, and shooting hours shall prevail at this site.
- Waterfowl hunting is conducted at legally registered blinds, built by hunters who have been awarded blind sites through an allocation drawing. Find more information on Waterfowl Hunting here.
- Blind sites will be allocated annually by a drawing held on the last Saturday in July at Oppold Marina.
- Registration is from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM, with the drawing at 2:00 PM.
- Registrants for a drawing must be at least 16 years of age, possess a current or preceding year’s Illinois hunting license or sportsman’s license (not youth license), a current or preceding year’s Illinois Migratory Waterfowl Stamp (unless exempted by law), and photo ID.
- Persons exempted by law from possessing a hunting license or waterfowl stamp must have a valid photo identification (examples: current FOID Card or driver’s license).
- Applicants must be present for the registration and drawing to be eligible for allocation of a duck blind site.
- The first name drawn shall have first choice of available sites; 2nd name, 2nd choice; etc. until all sites are allocated.
- Not more than 3 persons shall be registered for one blind.
- Any blind sites that were not allocated at the public drawing, will be given away on a first-come, first-serve basis by calling the site office on the Monday following the drawing from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (phone #815/454-2328).
- Blinds built over open water may be floating blind or platform blinds; or boat hide- type blinds may be substituted on blind sites #1, 2, 3, 4, 13, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, and 32.
- Scull boat hunting at this site is not permitted.
- A blind must be constructed within 10′ of a numbered stake.
- Blinds which are not complete in construction 3 weeks before opening day of duck season will be reallocated to alternates. Alternates will be selected on a first-come, first-serve basis by calling the office 2 weeks before opening day of duck season from 8:00 AM until 12:00 PM noon (Phone #815/454-2328).
- Blind builders for blind sites numbered 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 18, 19, 23, 24, & 25 will have until 7 days after the next season’s drawing to remove all blind materials.
- Blinds along the main channel of the Rock River (including blind numbers 1,2,3,4,13,14,15,16,20,21,26,27,28,29,30,31 and 32) must be removed in their entirety ten days after the close of duck season.
- Blinds may be removed beginning November 15 with one numbered stake left in place to denote the location if blind is removed prior to the close of the waterfowl season.
- A person may not register as a blind builder or as a partner for more than one blind site on all waterfowl management areas managed by IL-DNR.
- Teal hunting is restricted to blind sites during the teal hunting season if the season is allowed.
- Youth waterfowl hunting is restricted to blind sites and is dictated by statewide regulations.
- Early goose season is not permitted at this site.
- Squirrel hunting is not permitted.
- Rabbit hunting is not permitted.
- Upland bird hunting is not permitted.
- Furtrappers must obtain a permit from the Hennepin Canal central office.
- Furbearer trapping is not permitted.
- Boat ramp