Apply now for a Deer Firearm/Muzzleloader Permit!
Salt Creek Waterfowl Management Area
Site Contact Info
- Office phone: 217-935-8722
- Office address: 7251 Ranger Rd., DeWitt, IL 61735.
- Main office is at Clinton Lake SRA
- Site coordinates: 40.225500, -88.689088
- County: DeWitt
- Site Superintendent
- District Wildlife Biologist
- Conservation Police
- Huntable acres: 40
- Habitat: Managed as a moist soil unit designed to establish a shallow, emergent wetland to promote moist soil plant production and to provide fall and spring migration habitat for waterfowl. Active habitat management will be occurring throughout the year on the site. These activities are necessary to improve and develop high quality wildlife habitat.
- Digital Map
- Printable Map
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Site requires Public Duck and Goose Hunting Area Permit
- Permits/blinds are allocated via a pre-season lottery
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- Deer hunting not permitted.
- Turkey hunting not permitted.
- Two (2) permanent blinds will be allocated to hunters through the Public Duck and Goose Hunting Area Permit lottery
- No more than four (4) persons shall occupy a blind at one time; the permit holder and up to three (3) companions.
- Permit holder hunting partners are required to report their harvest using the Clinton Lake Waterfowl Windshield Card
- Hunting dates: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday of the regular Central Zone duck and goose season
- Hunting hours are from legal shooting time to 1 pm.
- All parties must hunt over a minimum of six (6) decoys.
- No person shall hunt or attempt to hunt except from/within their assigned blind.
- Walk-in access only – no watercraft of any kind allowed.
- Blinds are assigned for duration of legal access hours on the assigned day. Permit holders may occupy the assigned blind, as desired during legal access hours but may not leave and re-enter the site.
- Use of any blind, other than the blind assigned to the permit holder is not permitted.
- A boat is provided for retrieving downed waterfowl in deep water. Water depth around the outside edges of levees is too deep to wade and will be marked with reflective stakes.
- Personal flotation devices are required but not provided.
- Any other use is prohibited.
- Squirrel and rabbit hunting not permitted.
- Upland bird hunting not permitted.
- Furbearer hunting and trapping not permitted.
- Permanent hunting blinds.
- Boat is provided for retrieving downed waterfowl in deep water
- Personal flotation devices are not provided.
- Any other use prohibited.