CWD Check Stations are in effect for 2022 Firearm Deer Seasons
Rockton Bog State Natural Area
Site Contact Info
- Huntable acres: 156
- Habitat: The natural area is a mixture of sedge meadow, prairie, shrub, and open sand forest communities.
- This site is owned and managed by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. Active habitat management will be occurring throughout the year on the site.
- Digital Map
- Printable Map
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Site is closed to non-hunting activities until 1 pm during the spring turkey season
- Site requires use of windshield card, displayed on vehicle dashboard, to report hunting effort and harvest by 15 February.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- Only archery deer hunting permitted at Rockton Bog NA
- Ground fires not allowed
- Species-specific rules:
- Firearm deer hunting not permitted
- Archery hunting is allowed during the firearm deer hunting seasons, but blaze orange must be worn while hunting.
- Hunting must be with a legal archery equipment.
- Only one non-piercing, portable tree stand is allowed per hunter. Stands and climbing devices must be removed at end of each day.
- Spring Turkey
- Turkey Hunters must obtain a Special Hunt Area permit for this site, allocated through the permit office in Springfield. County permits are not valid for the Special Hunt Area. Special Hunt Area permits are not valid in the rest of the county.
- Fall Archery
- Statewide Regulations
- No turkey hunting is permitted in the Nature Preserve (see site map)
- Waterfowl hunting not permitted
- Squirrel hunting not permitted
- Rabbit hunting not permitted
- Upland bird hunting not permitted
- Furbearer trapping not permitted
- Furbearer hunting not permitted