Apply for your Deer Firearm/Muzzeloader Permit beginning March 8, 2022!
Rockton Bog State Natural Area
Site Contact Info
- Huntable acres: 156
- Habitat: The natural area is a mixture of sedge meadow, prairie, shrub, and open sand forest communities.
- This site is owned and managed by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. Management activities on this site may occur throughout the year, including the hunting seasons
- Digital Map
- Printable Map
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Site requires use of windshield card, displayed on vehicle dashboard, to report hunting effort and harvest by 15 February.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- Only archery deer hunting permitted at Rockton Bog NA
- Ground fires not allowed
- Species-specific rules:
- Firearm deer hunting not permitted
- Archery hunting is allowed during the firearm deer hunting seasons, but blaze orange must be worn while hunting.
- Hunting must be with a legal archery equipment.
- Only one non-piercing, portable tree stand is allowed per hunter. Stands and climbing devices must be removed at end of each day.
- Turkey hunting not permitted
- Waterfowl hunting not permitted
- Squirrel hunting not permitted
- Rabbit hunting not permitted
- Upland bird hunting not permitted
- Furbearer trapping not permitted
- Furbearer hunting not permitted