Apply now for a Deer Firearm/Muzzleloader Permit!
Powerton Lake State Fish and Wildlife Area
Site Contact Info
- Office phone: 309-968-7135
- Office address: c/o Spring Lake SFWA, 7982 S. Park Rd., Manito, IL 61546
- Site coordinates: 40.5385 -89.70085
- County: Tazewell
- Site Superintendent
- District Wildlife Biologist
- Conservation Police
- Huntable acres: 855
- Habitat: Approximately 60% of Powerton Lake, a 1,426 acre cooling reservoir, is open to waterfowl hunting. The remaining is a waterfowl rest area
- Digital Map
- Printable Map
Site Specific Regulations
- Active habitat management will be occurring throughout the year on the site.
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site
- Only shotguns may be used for hunting
- Hunters under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- In the event of threatening conditions, this area may be temporarily closed.
- Species-specific rules:
- Deer hunting not permitted
- Turkey hunting not permitted
- Waterfowl hunting will be allowed on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and State holidays during the Central Zone duck season with hours being between legal opening time and 1 pm. Hunting is closed on Christmas Day.
- Goose hunting is not permitted prior to or after duck season
- Teal hunting is not permitted prior to duck season
- Blind sites are allocated by daily draw, conducted 1 hour before shooting time at the check station
- Sites not claimed during the draw will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis until 10 am, but additional entry into the hunting area will be prohibited until 1 hour after shooting time.
- Hunters may register as parties for the drawing. Each party drawn is allowed to select a blind site, in the order drawn. Only those hunters registered as a party at the drawing will be allowed to hunt with their party.
- No more than 3 hunters per blind.
- Hunting is from portable boat blinds secured and anchored within 10 yards of the appropriate blind site. Blind sites are designated by numbered signs
- Boats must be at least 16 feet overall length and have a minimum 60″ beam
- Each hunting party is required to use at least 6 decoys which must be picked up immediately after the hunt
- Upon vacating blind sites, all hunters must report to the check station within one hour and report harvest
- Squirrel hunting not permitted.
- Rabbit hunting not permitted.
- Upland bird hunting not permitted.
- Furbearer trapping not permitted.
- Furbearer hunting not permitted.
- Boat ramp