UPCOMING: Late-winter/CWD Deer Season and Spring Turkey 2nd Lottery Closing
Mt. Vernon Game Propagation Center
Site Contact Info
- Huntable acres: 650
- Habitat: The topography is rolling, with a wide range of diverse habitats. These include, timbered hills, prairie grass, and old field patches, ponds, creek bottoms, and agricultural fields. There smaller agricultural fields throughout the area as well as fields planted by site staff as wildlife food plots. This area also includes two smaller ponds and an 8 acre wetland and creek that flows through the south side of the property.
- Digital Map
- Printable Map
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter
- All hunters must sign-in and sign-out daily and report harvest
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site
- No ATV access
- No overnight camping
- Species-specific rules:
- Statewide regulations
- Archery hunters must wear blaze orange during firearm season.
- Firearm deer hunting not permitted.
- Fall Archery
- Statewide regulations apply.
- Site specific permit issued through the Springfield Permit Office required
- Spring Youth
- Must possess a valid county permit
- Waterfowl hunting not permitted.
- Squirrel hunting not permitted.
- Statewide regulations but only from January 1 through end of statewide season.
- September 1-5: hours are sunrise until 11:30am.
- Statewide regulations remainder of season, except that season ends September 30.
- Permits issued through Springfield Permit Office.
- Furbearer hunting not permitted
- Requires a site specific permit. Permits are issued via a public drawing at the site office on the last Monday of October at 11 a.m. Registration begins at 10 a.m.. Must possess a current or previous years trapping license
- Trappers may have partners, provided their name was on the registration card
- Must stay in assigned areas
- Trappers must submit a harvest within 10 days of the close of the trapping program