Apply for your Deer Firearm/Muzzeloader Permit beginning March 8, 2022!
Miller-Anderson Woods State Natural Area
Site Contact Info
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Site requires use of windshield card, displayed on vehicle dashboard, to report hunting effort and harvest by 15 February.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- May only possess weapons in the field during hunting hours while engaged in hunting.
- Hunters may not hunt at night on this site.
- Species-specific rules:
- Archery, Firearm, Muzzleloader, and Late Winter Antlerless
- Statewide regulations
- Bureau County permit holders may hunt the Bureau County portion and Putnam County permit holders may hunt the Putnam County portion of site. Standby permits not available.
- Late winter firearm deer season is open at the site’s Bureau County portion only if Bureau County is announced as being open and at the site’s Putnam County portion only if Putnam County is announced as being open.
- All deer hunters are required to sign in daily and no earlier than 5 am prior to hunting.
- Posted hunter quota in the field
- Firearm deer hunters are required to wear a cap and upper outer garment of solid and vivid blaze orange of at least 400 square inches.
- Stands must be non-piercing, portable, tagged with the hunter’s name, address, and phone number, and removed from the site daily.
- Hunters must check out and report their harvest immediately after the conclusion of the hunt on the sheets provided.
- Harvested deer must be checked in or reported as outlined in the statewide rules & regulations for reporting deer harvested during the regular statewide deer seasons.
- Turkey hunting not permitted
- Waterfowl hunting not permitted
- Squirrel hunting not permitted
- Rabbit hunting not permitted
- Upland bird hunting not permitted
- Furbearer trapping not permitted
- Furbearer hunting not permitted