Apply now for a Deer Firearm/Muzzleloader Permit!
Site Contact Info
- Office phone: 309-543-3288
- Office address: 700 S. 10th, Havana, IL 62644
- Site coordinates: 39.87034 -90.5496
- County: Morgan
- Site Superintendent
- District Wildlife Biologist
- Conservation Police
- Huntable acres: 690
- Habitat: Backwaters of the Illinois River. Active habitat management may be occurring throughout the year on the site.
- Digital Map
- Printable Map
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- Species-specific rules:
- Deer hunting not permitted.
- Turkey hunting not permitted.
- Teal Season and Early Canada Goose
- Hunters may hunt anywhere on public water except the waterfowl rest areas.
- Youth Waterfowl Season
- Hunters must hunt from a constructed blind on site.
- Duck Season
- Hunting ends at 1 p.m. during the Central Zone duck season
- Hunters must hunt from constructed blinds.
- Blinds are allocated via public drawing held in odd numbered years. Time and location of drawing will be publicly announced.
- Goose Season
- During the goose season that follows the regular duck season, hunters may hunt any public water except the waterfowl rest areas.
- Hours of statewide regulations apply.
- Conservation Order Light Geese Season
- Hunters may hunt anywhere on public water.
- Squirrel/rabbit hunting not permitted.
- Upland bird hunting not permitted.
- Furbearer hunting/trapping not permitted.