Applications for 2021 Firearm and Muzzleloader Deer Permit Lotteries are open!
Lowden-Miller State Forest
Site Contact Info
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Site requires use of windshield card, displayed on vehicle dashboard, to report hunting effort and harvest by 15 February.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- Firearm hunting (deer, squirrel or turkey) is not allowed in the restricted area adjacent to the Boy Scout Camp. The area is marked on the map and is posted.
- Hunters may use forest lanes for access but not for parking vehicles. Motor homes and large campers are not allowed in those areas.
- Species-specific rules:
- Closed during all of the firearm deer seasons.
- Contact the site about opening during the muzzleloader season; and if allowed, archery hunters must wear the same blaze orange clothing as that required for muzzleloader deer hunters.
Firearm (1st & 2nd Seasons)
- Allowed during first and second seasons only and requires a site-specific permit issued by the Springfield permit office.
- Hunters with site-specific permits must check in by 5 am at the former Sinnissippi Tree Farm Office, approx. 3 miles south of Rt. 64 on the west side of Daysville Road.
- Any vacancies remaining at 5 am will be filled at that time by a drawing to allocate stand-by permits. Stand-by permits are valid for the day they are issued only, and apply only to Lowden-Miller SF. No other deer permits are allowed.
- Non-resident stand-by hunters are required to have a non-resident hunting license and a current habitat stamp.
- Firearm deer hunting is allowed with any type of weapon that is legal for statewide deer hunting during the specific season you are hunting.
- Required to check-out from the site daily and check deer at the county’s check station
- Report harvested deer to park staff upon check out and also take harvested deer to the county deer check station for tagging.
- Requires a site-specific permit. Apply online; application period will be publicly announced.
- Unallocated permits may be available for sale over-the-counter from participating vendors.
- Unfilled permits from other seasons will not be valid.
- Must sign-in and check-out at the equestrian parking lot and lots 1 – 6.
- All deer harvested during the CWD seasons must be reported on the clipboards at the site when checking-out and via the windshield card system.
- One non-piercing, portable tree stand per hunter is allowed and may be left unattended from Sept 15 – Jan 31. Stands must be labeled with the hunter’s name, address & phone number.
- All deer stands and flagging ribbon must be removed.
- Baiting of deer is forbidden.
Archery Turkey Hunting
- Archery turkey hunting is closed during firearm deer seasons, but is open during the muzzleloader season; however, hunters must wear the blaze orange clothing as required for muzzleloader deer hunters
Spring Turkey Hunting
- Hunting turkeys during the spring seasons requires a site-specific permit issued for Lowden-Miller State Forest. Shotgun turkey hunters should avoid restricted area.
- Waterfowl hunting is not permitted.
- Squirrel hunting is restricted to the south end of the site only. (Note map for hunting area & restricted areas.)
- Statewide regulations apply, but a shortened season exists at site, generally from Sept. 1 to Sept. 30.
- Rabbit hunting is not permitted.
- Upland bird hunting is not permitted.
- Furbearer trapping is not permitted.
- Furbearer hunting is not permitted.
- More information