Apply for your Deer Firearm/Muzzeloader Permit beginning March 8, 2022!
George S. Park State Natural Area
Site Contact Info
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Site requires use of windshield card, displayed on vehicle dashboard, to report hunting effort and harvest by 15 February.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- Only deer may be hunted at this site. Persons must not possess weapons in the field except while engaged in hunting deer during hunting hours, which are daytime hours only.
- Hunters must hunt in areas designated as being open to hunting and must park in designated parking areas. Parking is along the county road on the south side of the nature preserve. Hunters should pull off the road as far as possible without entering the nature preserve.
- Species-specific rules:
- Statewide regulations
- Hunters must sign-in and observe the posted quota to determine eligibility to hunt on first-come first-serve basis. Hunters must sign-out and report harvest.
- Firearm, Muzzleloader, and Late Winter
- Statewide regulations
- Putnam County permit holders may sign-in and hunt.
- Standby permits are not available.
- Late winter deer hunting is permitted only if announced as being open in Putnam Co.
- A hunter is required to sign-in daily no earlier than 5am prior to hunting and to include his or her vehicle’s license number.
- A posting will indicate the number of individuals allowed to hunt on the site per day. First-come, first-served. 6 hunters allowed in the field.
- Hunters must check out and report their harvest immediately after the conclusion of the hunt on the sheets provided.
- Deer harvested must also be checked in as outlined in the statewide rules & regulations for reporting deer harvested during the regular statewide deer seasons.
- All firearm and muzzleloader hunters must wear a cap and upper outer garment of solid and vivid blaze orange of at least 400 square inches while hunting.
- One non-piercing, portable tree stand is allowed per hunter and must be removed daily. The stand must be tagged with the hunter’s name, address, and phone number.
- Hunters may use a shotgun, muzzleloader, or handgun during the firearm deer season, a muzzleloader during the muzzleloader season, or a bow & arrow during archery deer season.
- Hunters must not engage in “driving” deer
- Turkey hunting not permitted
- Waterfowl hunting not permitted
- Squirrel hunting not permitted
- Rabbit hunting not permitted
- Upland bird hunting not permitted
- Furbearer trapping not permitted
- Furbearer hunting not permitted