2021 Spring Turkey 3rd Lottery Deadline Approaching
French Bluff Natural Area
Site Contact Info
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Site requires use of windshield card, displayed on vehicle dashboard, to report hunting effort and harvest by 15 February.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- Do not enter a restricted area or trespass on private land.
- Hunting allowed in those portions of the area posted as open for hunting, which excludes the hunter parking area.
- Be aware that hikers and other non-hunters may be using the area.
- Species-specific rules:
- Statewide regulations
- Closed during firearm and muzzleloader deer seasons
- Must obtain a site-specific permit which is issued through the permit office in Springfield.
- Permits which are valid for Carroll Co. are not valid at French Bluff NA.
- Stand-by permits are not available.
- First and second firearm deer season permits are available separately.
- Permitted only during the 2nd portion of muzzleloader season
- A French Bluff special-hunt permit for muzzleloader hunting is not valid for the second season of the regular firearm deer season.
Special CWD Deer Hunting
- Standby permits will not be issued for special CWD season.
- Leftover permits from other deer seasons cannot be used.
- CWD deer hunters must obtain a Special Hunt Area permit.
- Deer hunting is allowed with any type of equipment that is legal for statewide deer hunting during the specific season the hunter is hunting.
- Only those hunters with permits are allowed in the area during deer firearm seasons.
- One non-piercing, portable tree stand or ground blind is allowed per hunter. Tree stands or blinds may be left unattended from Sept 15 – Jan 31 if legibly marked with the owner’s name, address, and telephone number.
- In addition to windshield card reporting, successful deer hunters are required to record their harvest as instructed on their permit.
- Not permitted during firearm & muzzleloader deer seasons.
- All spring turkey hunters must obtain a site-specific permit, which will be issued through the permit office in Springfield. Permits valid for Carroll Co. will not be valid at French Bluff.
- Only those hunters with permits are allowed in the area until 1pm during the spring turkey season.
- In addition to windshield card reporting, successful turkey hunters are required to record their harvest as instructed on their permit.
- Waterfowl hunting not permitted
- Closed during firearm deer season.
- Squirrel hunters may use shotguns with #3 or smaller in steel shot or #5 or smaller in lead, tungsten or bismuth shot.
- .22 rimfire rifles, .25 air rifle, muzzleloading rifles, and archery tackle using flu-flu arrows are permitted for taking squirrels.
- Rabbit hunting not permitted
- Upland bird hunting not permitted
- Furbearer trapping not permitted
- Furbearer hunting not permitted