Apply now for a Deer Firearm/Muzzleloader Permit!
Frank Holten State Park
Site Contact Info
- Office phone: 618-874-7920
- Office address: 4500 Pocket Rd., East St. Louis, IL 62205
- Site coordinates: 38.58791 -90.08558
- County: St. Clair
- Site Superintendent
- District Wildlife Biologist
- Conservation Police
- Huntable acres: 300
- Habitat: This site is located in the Mississippi River floodplain. While mostly open habitat, picnic areas and a golf course, a large part of the park is thickly wooded, shrubby habitat.
- Digital Map
- Printable Map
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Site requires use of windshield card, displayed on vehicle dashboard, to report hunting effort and harvest by 15 February.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- Hunters may leave stands unattended from October 15-January 31. Stands must be marked with the owner’s name, address and telephone number.
- Hunting is only allowed in designated areas.
- Only archery hunting is permitted.
- Species-specific rules:
- Season is November 1 through statewide closing.
- No hunting from Harding Ditch right-of-way
- Hunting is by site-specific permit.
- Permits are available via public draw at the site office.
- A quota of 10 hunters per week will be permitted to hunt the 11 weeks.
- Fall archery
- Only permitted deer hunters are allowed to hunt fall turkeys.
- Season is November 1 through the statewide closing.
- No waterfowl hunting is offered.
- No squirrel/rabbit hunting is offered.
- No upland bird hunting is offered.
- Two trapping permits will be awarded via a public drawing at the site office the week prior to the trapping season.
- Trapping is limited to water sets only.
- Boat ramps
- More information