Apply now for a Deer Firearm/Muzzleloader Permit!
Fort Kaskaskia Historic Site
Site Contact Info
- Office phone: 618-859-9741
- Office address: 4372 Park Road, Ellis Grove, IL 62241
- Site coordinates:37.96883 -89.911042
- County: Randolph
- Site Superintendent
- District Wildlife Biologist
- Conservation Police
- Huntable acres: 140
- Habitat: this site is located on the Mississippi River Bluffs. Upland forests found on the steep slopes consist of various species of oak, hickory, white ash, basswood, sugar maple, slippery elm, and black walnut. The site also has mowed and grassy areas and some cropland. Active habitat management will be occurring throughout the year on the site.
- Digital Map
- Printable Map
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- Hunters must remove tree stands daily.
- Only archery hunting is permitted.
- No hunting is permitted within posted areas and developed recreation areas, and within a distance less than 100 yards of construction sites, residences, and developed recreation areas.
- Species-specific rules:
- Seasons is November 1 through statewide closing.
- Fall Archery
- Season is November 1 through statewide closing.
- No waterfowl hunting is offered.
- No squirrel/rabbit hunting is offered.
- No upland bird hunting is offered.
- No furbearer hunting/trapping is offered.
- Picnic area