Applications for 2021 Firearm and Muzzleloader Deer Permit Lotteries are open!
Donnelley State Fish and Wildlife Area
Site Contact Info
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Site requires use of windshield card, displayed on vehicle dashboard, to report hunting effort and harvest by 15 February
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site
- No outboard motors are allowed by the public. Only authorized IDNR personnel may use outboard motors
- Severe weather and safety conditions may result in closing all or part of the site
- Persons must not enter the waterfowl refuge unless given permission from an authorized IDNR representative
- Species-specific rules:
- Deer hunting not permitted
- Turkey hunting not permitted
- 2020 Waterfowl Hunting Procedures:
- Blinds will be allocated by first come first serve in a drive through contactless fashion.
- Waterfowl hunting at the site observes the North Zone waterfowl season, but hunting is prohibited on Tuesdays and Wednesdays except on opening day
- No teal or goose seasons exists outside of the regular statewide duck season
- First weekend and the third Saturday of the regular duck season. There is no charge for youth on these days
- Those blinds not allocated to youth hunting parties shall be available to adults on those days during the regular duck season
- Hunters under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- For youth hunt, blind capacity is no more than 2 youths age 15 and under
- Hunting hours are the legal opening time until 1 pm
- Waterfowl hunting is conducted from designated blinds which have been built by site personnel
- Blinds are allocated daily, one hour prior to shooting time at the check station via a random draw
- All hunters must report to the check station for blind assignments
- A $10.00 daily usage stamp must be purchased to hunt this area
- No more than 3 people shall occupy a blind at any one time
- Refilling or changing blinds is not permitted
- Waterfowl hunting parties must hunt over a minimum of 6 decoys. A maximum of 48 decoys may be used. Decoys must be removed upon termination of the hunt.
- Hunting parties are required to report to the check station within 1 hour after termination of the hunt or no later than 2 pm
- While attempting to take migratory waterfowl or coots, hunters must not have in possession any shotgun shells not approved as non-toxic by federal regulations.
- Hunters must not possess any shotgun shell loaded with a shot size larger than T or BBB composed of steel other kinds of non-toxic shot
- Squirrel hunting not permitted
- Rabbit hunting not permitted
- Upland bird hunting not permitted
- Furbearer trapping not permitted
- Furbearer hunting not permitted