Apply Now for a Deer Firearm/Muzzleloader Permit!
Cave in Rock State Park – Kaegi Tract
Site Contact Info
- Office phone: 618-289-4325
- Office address: 1 New State Park Road, Cave-in-Rock IL 62919
- The Kaegi Tract is located east of Cave in Rock directly south of Collier Limestone Glade Nature Preserve on Bend of the River Road
- Main office is at Ferne Clyffe State Park
- Site coordinates: 37.469 -88.159
- County: Hardin
- Site Superintendent
- District Wildlife Biologist
- Conservation Police
- Huntable acres: 175
- Habitat: Low-lying wildlife habitat restoration. Consisting of small constructed wetlands and early successional forest habitat. Active habitat management will be occurring throughout the year on the site.
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- Tree stands may be left unattended from September 15 – January 31. Stands must be legibly marked with hunter’s name, address and telephone number. Only 1 tree stand per hunter.
- All hunting is on a first come, first serve basis
- Hunting is allowed at Kaegi Tract ONLY. No hunting is allowed at Cave in Rock State Park.
- This is a walk-in hunting area, no ATV’s or bicycles are allowed (person pulled carts can be used).
- Site requires use of windshield card, displayed on vehicle dashboard, to report hunting effort and harvest by 15 February. Failure to submit harvest data will result in loss of hunting privileges for the following year.
- Species-specific rules:
- All deer hunting types are allowed with a valid permit. No site-specific permits are required.
- It is unlawful to drive deer, or participate in a deer drive, on all Department owned or managed properties during all deer seasons.
- It is unlawful to use or occupy a ground blind during any firearm deer season on public land unless at least 400 square inches of solid vivid blaze orange material is securely attached to the uppermost portion of the blind and a substantial amount of orange is visible for 360 degrees.
- Youth, Spring, and Fall Turkey hunting is allowed with a valid permit.
- No site-specific permits are required.
- Statewide regulations.
- Statewide regulations.
- Hunters are required to wear a cap and upper outer garment of solid and vivid blaze orange of at least 400 square inches while hunting rabbit.
- Statewide regulations (except no woodcock hunting available).
- Hunters are required to wear a cap and upper outer garment of solid and vivid blaze orange of at least 400 square inches while hunting pheasant, quail, Hungarian partridge, rabbit, snipe, and rail.
- Statewide regulations for hunting.
- Statewide regulations for trapping.
- Hunters and trappers are required to wear a cap and upper outer garment of solid and vivid blaze orange of at least 400 square inches while trapping or hunting pheasant, quail, Hungarian partridge, rabbit, snipe, and rail.