Apply now for a Deer Firearm/Muzzleloader Permit!
Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site
- Office phone: (618) 346-5160
- Office address: Collinsville, IL
- County: St. Clair
- Site Superintendent
- District Wildlife Biologist
- Conservation Police
- Huntable acres: 702
- Habitat: The majority of the hunting units are timbered with scattered grasslands and wetlands. Wetlands and wet soils are prevalent in Unit 5 in the southern portion of the site. The timbered landscape consists of sugar maple, slippery elm, basswood, white ash, walnut, and some oak species. Some agricultural land is present near Units 1 and 2, however the surrounding lands are predominately urban.
- Digital Map
- Printable Map
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Site requires use of windshield card, displayed on vehicle dashboard, to report hunting effort and harvest by 15 February.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- No artifact hunting anywhere on site.
- No hunting is permitted in developed recreation areas, and within 100 yards of construction sites, and residences.
- Hunter parking is allowed only in designated areas only (refer map).
- No motorized vehicles may be used to get to stands or retrieve deer.
- Scouting may start only two weeks before season.
- Construction or use of any tree stand using nails, screws or wire or any device that pierces or cuts the bark of the tree on which it is installed is unlawful.
- Portable tree stands may be used, but must be removed daily.
- Statewide regulations
- Firearm, muzzleloader and youth firearm hunting is not permitted.
- Turkey hunting not permitted
- Waterfowl hunting not permitted.
- Squirrel hunting not permitted
- Rabbit hunting not permitted.
- Upland bird hunting not permitted.
- Furbearer hunting not permitted
- Furbearer trapping not permitted