UPCOMING: Late-winter/CWD Deer Season and Spring Turkey 2nd Lottery Closing
Buffalo Rock State Park
Site Contact Info
- Site composed of Buffalo Rock State Park and Pecumsagan Nature Preserve.
- Huntable acres:
- Buffalo Rock State Park: 310 acres
- Pecumsagan Nature Preserve: 210 acres
- Habitat: Buffalo Rock SP is mostly grasslands with the larger timbered areas found on the north and west sides of the park. This area contains several bluffs and deep ravines. Pecumsagan Creek NP is mostly forested with deep ravines and caves. Do not enter any mines.
- Digital Map
- Printable Map – Buffalo Rock
- Printable Map – Pecumsagan Creek
Site Specific Regulations
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- Access is only via the hunter parking lots.
- Species-specific rules:
- Hunters must sign in and sign out daily.
- Buffalo Rock SP: 3 hunters may sign in at a time, and the area is opened to other users. Sign-in location is ½ mile west of park entrance on south side of Co. Rt. 34
- Pecumsagan NP: 6 hunters may sign in at a time, and the area is closed to other users. Sign-in location is at the access point, 2 miles west of Rt. 178 on Rt. 6, on the southside of a curve.
- Hunters must report harvest upon check out and by the call-in system as instructed on the archery permit.
- One portable tree stand is allowed per hunter and stands must be removed daily.
- Sites will be open to scouting 2 weeks prior to the beginning of the season from 8 am to sunset.
- Turkey hunting not permitted
- Waterfowl hunting not permitted
- Squirrel and rabbit hunting not permitted
- Upland bird hunting not permitted
- Furbearer trapping and hunting not permitted
- Primitive camping areas
- Picnic areas
- Hiking trails
- More information