Applications for 2021 Firearm and Muzzleloader Deer Permit Lotteries are open!
Beaver Dam State Park
Site Contact Info
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Site requires use of windshield card, displayed on vehicle dashboard, to report squirrel hunting effort and harvest by 15 February.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- Hunters must remove tree stands daily and windshield card number must be displayed on tree stand.
- No hunting will be permitted within 300 feet of developed recreation areas or residences.
- Species-specific rules:
- Special archery permit issued from site.
- 5 hunters will be chosen for each of the 11 one week seasons
- Stands may be left unattended during the week hunted but must be tagged and labeled with name, address and telephone number.
- An antlerless deer must be harvested prior to the harvest of an antlered deer.
- Hunters are required to submit harvest report to the site or submit by sending an email by Dec 31.
- Disabled hunting is available in the designated blind location upon request or reservation.
- Requires site-specific permit obtained via statewide lottery.
- Only allowed for deer permit holders.
- Hunters are required to submit harvest report to the site or to submit by sending email before or on December 31.
- Disabled archery turkey hunting is available in the designated blind location upon request or reservation.
- No waterfowl hunting permitted
- Hunting is with shotgun only in the specified area of the park (Area #1).
- No upland bird hunting permitted
- Site permit required for trapping, is issued via public drawing held at the site office on the last Monday of Oct at 11 am. Registration begins at 10 am. Trappers must possess current or previous year’s trapping license and Habitat Stamp to enter drawing.
- Only Egg traps, D-P (dog Proof), Lil Grizz Get’rz, box traps, cage traps or traps of similar design may be used for land sets.
- Only body gripping traps with a jaw spread of 5 inches or less, foothold traps with a jaw spread of 4½ inches or less and square body-gripping traps with a 10 inch jaw spread may be used for water sets. Snares may be used for water sets.
- Trappers may have a partner.
- Trappers must stay in their assigned trapping area.
- Trappers must submit a harvest report to the site office within 20 days following the close of trapping season.
- Archery only
- Must have a valid site issued archery deer permit
- Coyote and striped skunk season coincides with the statewide fox season.
- Archery only
- Trailer and tent campground
- Archery range
- More information