Archery Deer and Turkey Seasons Begin October 1, 2021!
Adeline Jay Geo-Karis Illinois Beach State Park
Site Contact Info
- Huntable Acres: 900
- Habitat: Only remaining beach ridge shoreline left in the state, with dunes and swales, sprawling marshes, forests of oak, and vast arrays of animal life and vegetation. Large expanses of marsh in the swales support dense stands of cattail, grasses, big bluestem, and sedges. Sandy ridges are crowned by black oak forests with an open, savanna-like appearance. Controlled burning, for habitat management purposes, may be used in your hunting zone.
- Digital Map
- Printable Map – Archery Deer North
- Printable Map – Archery Deer South
- All statewide hunting regulations apply at site unless noted hereafter.
- Use Hunt Planner to find hunting seasons open at this site.
- Controlled burning and other habitat management practices may be used in the hunting zone.
- Species-specific rules:
- Dates: Statewide Season
- Hunting periods will be filled through a mail-in drawing.
- Applications are available at IBSP and here. Applications must be received at the IBSP Office by August 31st to be eligible for the drawing.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email before September 15th.
- Hunters will be assigned one of the two week periods and a hunting area in the North and South Unit.
- PLEASE SIGN IN AND OUT OF MAILBOX LOG EVERYTIME YOU HUNT. Mailboxes are located at all parking areas indicated on the maps.
- Hunting is restricted to designated areas only (see map) of the North and South Unit. Hunters are required to hunt from elevated stands which are a 6 foot minimum above ground or ground blinds if the topography allows.
- Tree stands and climbing devices must be portable and must be put up on the first day of the hunt only, but do not have to be removed at the end of each day.
- All stands must be tagged with site issued permit number on weatherproof material.
- All trails are open to hikers during the archery hunting season, therefore stands and gut piles must be a minimum of 75 yards from designated trails.
- Preseason scouting is allowed prior and during the hunt.
- You must park in designated parking lots only. No parking is allowed along roadways.
- It is highly recommended to have harvested deer tested for Chronic Wasting Disease. Samples may be submitted at these locations
- To prevent spread of invasive species, please clean your boots of any vegetation or mud before you enter the North and South Unit.
- No firearm or muzzleloader deer hunting opportunities present at this site
- No turkey hunting permitted.
- No waterfowl hunting permitted.
- No squirrel hunting permitted.
- No rabbit hunting permitted.
- No upland bird hunting permitted.
- No furbearer hunting or trapping permitted.
- Hiking trails
- More Information